AMIDEX™ PA6-GF30 Glass Fiber Reinforced NylonCode: 2891
Product detailed description
AmideX™ 30% Glass Fiber Reinforced Nylon
Our 30% glass fiber reinforced Nylon 6 Copolymer (PA6) is nothing less than an industrial-grade beast! Formulated to be exceptionally stiff and strong - without being brittle. Polyamides (PA) are the work-horse of the plastics industry because of their excellent mechanical, chemical, and thermal resistance. This is the same type of PA6 used in automotive under-hood applications because it resists fuels, lubricants, heat, and heavy mechanical loads. AmideX™ PA6-GF30 is suitable for use on practically any open-source 3D printer with a heated bed.
Glass fiber is very abrasive and we strongly recommend using our A2 Hardened Steel Nozzles when printing with glass fiber reinforced materials.
- Ideal for structural engineering-grade applications
- Exceptionally stiff and strong - without being brittle
- Excellent chemical resistance - suitable for automotive and industrial applications
- High thermal properties - up to 150c in-use applications depending on the mechanical loads applied
- Improved dimensional stability - glass fibers reduce shrinkage, lift, and warp
- Very strong layer bonding
AmideX™ PA6-GF30 is 40% stiffer, 33% stronger, and 1/2 the price of Xstrand™ GF30 PA6.
Chemical Resistance Chart
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: 260-280°C
- Bed Temp: 60 - 75°C
- Bed Prep: Hairspray on clean glass, perf board, PEI sheet. We have had great results using a thick coat of Aquanet hair spray on clean glass. We make sure the first layer is pressed into the bed for extra grip to reduce lifting.
- Hardened Nozzle: 0.4mm or larger. Glass fiber is very abrasive and will quickly wear out a brass nozzle. We strongly recommend using our A2 Hardened Steel Nozzles
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.25mm with glass fiber grades. Lower than 0.25mm may create too much back pressure in the hot end and result in poor feeding, jams, drive gear clicking, and eating a notch into the filament.
|Category:||Glass Fiber filaments|
|Diameter:||Ø 1,75 mm|
|Material:||PA6 + 30%GF|
|Net Weight:||0.75 kg|
|Extruder Temperature:||260°- 280°C|
|Bed temperate:||60°- 75°C|
|Maximum operating temperature:||150°C|