Product attributes include:
- High continuous use temperature - up to 150°C
- Excellent resistance to a broad range of chemicals, such as automotive fluids (oil, gas, lubricants), fully halogenated hydrocarbons, alcohols, acids and bases
- Non-hygroscopic - does not absorb moisture - no drying of filament or special storage is needed
- ESD-Safe with a 10^6 to 10^9 ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring test method.
- Inherently UV-resistant (H-F bonds are very stable in exterior applications)
- Very good abrasion resistance - similar to Nylon and UHMW-PE for high-wear applications
- Low smoke and flame characteristics (base resin is rated V-0)
- Long-term hydrolytic stability
- Resistant to nuclear radiation
- 1.75mm, 2.85mm (+/- 0.05mm)
Surface conductivity as a function of extruder temperature:
The surface resistance of the printed ESD-safe part will vary depending on the printer's extruder temperature. For example, if your testing indicates the part is too insulative, then increasing the extruder temperature will result in improved conductivity. Therefore, the surface resistance can be 'dialed-in' by adjusting the extruder temperature up or down depending on the reading you receive on your part.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder Temp: 250-270°C
- Bed Temp: 90 - 110°C
- Bed Prep: PVA-based adhesive, Hairspray, Lightly sanded FR4 or Perf board.
- Other: No or light cooling fan; print speeds of 40-60mm/s as a good starting point
- Safety note: This polymer starts to degrade at temps above 290°C. Please keep your extruder temperature below this point to aviod degredation, offgassing, and mechanical property loss.