3DXSTAT™ ESD PC 3D printing filament 1,75mm 0.5 kgCode: 972
Product detailed description
3DXSTAT™ ESD-Safe Polycarbonate (PC) Filament
3DXSTAT™ ESD PC is an advanced ESD-Safe compound designed for use in critical applications that require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection. Made using cutting-edge multi-wall carbon nanotube technology, state of the art compounding technology, and precision extrusion processes. Target surface resistance: 10^7 to 10^9 Ohm.
Benefits of Polycarbonate include:
- High Thermal Properties: 147°C Tg
- Amorphous: Low and near isotropic shrinkage
- Excellent ductility / impact resistance
- Very low odor emitted during printing
- Wide processing range: 265 - 300°C (Max)
Benefits of 3DXSTAT™ include:
- Consistent surface resistivity
- Improved retention of impact & elongation
- Low particulate contamination
- Minimal contribution to outgassing and ionic contamination
Typical applications include:
- Semi-con: HDD Components, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Casings, & Connectors
- Industrial: Conveying, Metering, and Sensing applications
Target conductivity for 3DXSTAT™ ESD Polycarbonate:
- 10^6 to 10^9 ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring test method.
- Note: Internal studies have indicated that increased extruder temperatures can achieve higher levels of conductivity. Likewise, lower extruder temperatures have resulted in lower levels of conductivity. Each printer is set-up differently as well as varied part geometry. Therefore, expect some trial time to understand how this filament works in your specific printer / application.
Surface conductivity as a function of extruder temperature:
The surface resistance of the printed ESD-safe part will vary depending on the printer's extruder temperature. For example, if your testing indicates the part is too insulative, then increasing the extruder temperature will result in improved conductivity. Therefore, the surface resistance can be 'dialed-in' by adjusting the extruder temperature up or down depending on the reading you receive on your part.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: Between 260 and 300°C depending on your printer / extruder. Ideal layer bonding is typically possible at 275 - 280°C.
- Platform Temp: 110 - 120°C
- Platform Prep: Kapton Polyimide w/ ABS Acetone Slurry coating
- Drying Instructions: Please see the following instructions for when you want to dry out this filament,
|Net Weight:||0.5 kg|